Students do not perform well in school when they are not feeling well. Staying home will likely shorten the length of the illness and hopefully interrupt the 'sharing of germs' in school!
Please call your child's school with any absence or late arrival.
Please refer to the Attendance Policy for required documentation needed for excused absences.
When should your child stay home from school?
- Any child with a fever over 100 degrees/F needs to remain at home.Students may return to school when fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication (Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen).
- Any child with vomiting and/or diarrhea needs to remain at home.A student may return to school when vomiting and/or diarrhea has stopped for 24 hours.
- Any child with a contagious disease/condition needs to remain home - such as; Conjunctivitis, Strep Throat, Coxsackie Virus, Fifth Disease, Chicken Pox, Influenza. Please call your School Nurse for the time of exclusion and when a student can return to school.
Health Screenings-Vision, Hearing, Scoliosis
The State of Connecticut Guidelines for Health Screenings mandates the following screenings to be done each year in school:
- Vision and Hearing Screenings for Kindergarten and Grades 1, 3, 4, and 5.
- Scoliosis Screening for Females in Grade 5.
- A written notice will be mailed home to parents/guardians for any screening results that fall out of the normal limits.
We work consistently to provide the most accessible documents possible, but some forms and graphs may present accessibility issues due to their complex format.
Please contact Darlene Bentley or Joe Cifaldi at 860-379-0706 x 1 for assistance with any issues accessing posted documents.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.