March 3, 2020
Dear Winchester Public Schools Community,
As you are aware there are many conversations circulating about the Novel-Coronavirus-19. I want to make you aware that the Winchester Public Schools are actively gathering information, taking precautionary measures, communicating readily with appropriate organizations and using resources that are available to support our educational community.
On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, local school district administrators, municipal leaders, and emergency responders attended an informational meeting hosted by the Torrington Area Health District at Northwest Region 7 School District. During this meeting, they shared information on the Novel Coronavirus-19. Below, you will find information pertaining to how our local school districts and the Winchester Public Schools are handling the Novel Coronavirus-19 situation.
1. Daily updates are sent to administrators from local and regional emergency management officials;
2. Local emergency management centers are directly in contact with state and federal agencies to keep abreast of the most up to date information;
1. Sanitation of buildings is a priority. We are communicating and directing our cleaning personnel to thoroughly clean commonly touched areas and surfaces. Daily disinfection is taking place.
2. Throughout the day, students/staff are frequently washing hands.
3. Staff and students are encouraged to use hand sanitizer throughout the day and are encouraged to avoid touching their faces.
1. Currently, we are following the directions/precautionary messages sent out from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
2. If at any time, there is an increase in cases/concern, or our geographic area is directly impacted, the local and federal agencies will provide direction and support.
1. Center for Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
2. World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Please know that we are actively monitoring the situation and that our students and staff safety is of utmost priority. Attached to this letter, you will find information on best practices related to prevention of germ spreading.
If you have any questions/concerns, I encourage you to please reach out to me directly at email@example.com or 860-379-0706 ext. 1.
Melony M. Brady-Shanley