Winchester Kindergarten Transition
The process of transitioning a child to kindergarten in our district is governed by the Winchester Board of Education policy 6001 adopted on 6/9/09. A child’s “readiness” for school is the result of a comprehensive, collaborative, intentional approach to incorporate family, school and community level participants in supporting the development of a child’s competencies.
The Board of Education endorses a Kindergarten Transition Plan that follows a relationship-based, developmental model that considers the needs of the child, family peers, sending and receiving teachers and the community.
The Kindergarten Transition Team meets monthly during the school year under the Early Childhood Connections Council which also oversees School Readiness programs and the Family Resource Center.
The process begins the year before kindergarten with the completion of the Pre- Enrollment form. Kindergarten registration is held in the spring of each year.
Forms needed to register your child for kindergarten are:
- Birth certificate
- Acceptable Proof of Residency Documents:
- Mortgage or deed
- Tax bill for residence
- Lease or rental agreement signed by landlord with landlord contact information
- Two (2) recent utility bills (landline phone, water, electric, gas, oil or cable TV) in the same name to the same address
If you do not own or rent, request the following form:
PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCY FOR SCHOOL ATTENDANCE PURPOSES
- School Registration Form
- Bus Transportation Form
- Medical Form
- Completed Health Record
- CT School Based Child Health Program Form
- Free/Reduced Lunch Program Form
For more information or to request a registration packet, please call Emily Bernard at the Mary P. Hinsdale School at 860 379-5423 x5262 or email at email@example.com.
- Hinsdale Drop-Off Information
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Pearson School
- Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Pre-School Screening Program
- Preschool Universal Intake Form (opens in new window)
- School & Community Services
- School Readiness Program
- Staff Directory
- Student Handbook
- Supply List
- Winchester Kindergarten Transition
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.